- Setting Up Effective Group Work
- Framing Difficult Feedback for Parents
- Extending the Silence
- Socratic Seminars in World Language Classes
- Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class
- Encoding Literacy in Computer Science
- Aiding Reading Comprehension With Post-Its
- Will Letter Grades Survive?
- Nurturing Intrinsic Motivation in Students
- Creating a Dysgraphia-Friendly Classroom
- Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
Category Archives: Professional Development
I have finished creating a new self-paced Apple OS X course for Mercy staff. You can also explore the materials as well. As I write, no one has made it past Lesson 3 yet, so the assignments have not really … Continue reading
At Mercy, tech serves instruction. But for everyone to be able to leverage an extraordinary tool like the iPad, some “summer school” is necessary. For the past two weeks we have been busy serving our teachers and new students with … Continue reading
Mercy High School has put significant time and resources into professional development (PD) for the past three years. The impetus of this was Mercy 2.0 which included the adoption of the iPad as a 1:1 device, becoming a Google Apps for Education school, … Continue reading