- Setting Up Effective Group Work
- Framing Difficult Feedback for Parents
- Extending the Silence
- Socratic Seminars in World Language Classes
- Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class
- Encoding Literacy in Computer Science
- Aiding Reading Comprehension With Post-Its
- Will Letter Grades Survive?
- Nurturing Intrinsic Motivation in Students
- Creating a Dysgraphia-Friendly Classroom
- Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
Category Archives: Mercy iWizards
On August 15, the Mercy High School iWizards conducted an iPad Orientation for all new students. The iWizards created all of the resources and instructional materials which are now available at Schoology. https://photos.gstatic.com/media/slideshow.swf All of the technical support and logistics were provided by Mr. James. Mr. … Continue reading
Tech Sherpas This week the iWizards enjoyed a Google Hangout with the Tech Serpas of central Maine and the Genius Squad of Minnesota. I asked a charter member of the iWizards– tenth grader, Isadora B.– to describe the experience: My … Continue reading
On January 23, twenty-two iWizards began creating the presentations and resources that they would use at the new-student iPad orientation. The group was primarily composed of freshwomen, meaning that the class of 2017 would show the ropes to the class … Continue reading
Two educational technology passions of mine converge this week. On Wednesday I will be making a presentation on Challenge Based Learning to the Michigan Association of School Administrators. My presentation description indicates that I will describe the paradigm shift of “teacher-learner to “co-learners”. On … Continue reading