- Setting Up Effective Group Work
- Framing Difficult Feedback for Parents
- Extending the Silence
- Socratic Seminars in World Language Classes
- Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class
- Encoding Literacy in Computer Science
- Aiding Reading Comprehension With Post-Its
- Will Letter Grades Survive?
- Nurturing Intrinsic Motivation in Students
- Creating a Dysgraphia-Friendly Classroom
- Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
Author Archives: Tom James
Whenever a student or staff member come to us with an internet related problem one of the first questions we always ask is: “What browser and version are you using?”. Oftentimes, this is followed by a look of confusion. As … Continue reading
Effective Monday, Nov. 1st, the Mercy IT Dept. will no longer be responsible for saving a student’s files/data. This includes but is not limited to the following scenarios: Your computer must be re-imaged due to a virus/malware infection. Your hard … Continue reading
There was an issue over the weekend with the Mercy Powerschool site. The issue was preventing users from logging in. It was corrected as of 7:45 AM on Monday, Nov. 1st.
Three simple words that can help you avoid tragedy. Every day we have students and sometimes even staff come into the IT Office with hard drive issues or even worse, a virus. Oftentimes the problem can only be corrected through … Continue reading
There seems to be a lot of mis-information out there regarding student tablets and Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 7. Some rumors that we have heard: If you get your tablet re-imaged the IT Dept. will put a Windows 7 … Continue reading
Some 9th graders (Class 2014) are reporting that their webcams are no longer working. The IT Dept. has started to investigate the issue. If you are experiencing an issue with your web cam not working please submit a helpdesk ticket. … Continue reading