As a newly minted Apple Distinguished School 2017-19, It will be exciting to host Mercy K-12 Tech Talk for Educators on November 3. Like the application process for ADS, this event is a huge team effort. The coordinators for the event are Ann Lusch and Lisa Robinet. And of course Tech Innovation Team and Maintenance crew go all out for the conference. In addition we have twenty-five iWizards and staff assisting.
Once again we will be hosting attending educators and presenters throughout the region. And once again the event will consist of a keynote address, four hours of workshops, presentations, and panels as selected by attendees; as well as 2 meals a raffle and possible continuing ed credit. We offer this for the subsidized cost of $50 due to our many Tech Talk sponsors.
But new to Tech Talk this year are the following:
- We are flying in keynote speaker Brent Coley from California.
- We are offering a “design your own lunch” period with planned and ad hoc chats.
- We have approached our sponsors with a special scholarship program which has taken off. Over twenty pre-service university students will be attending the conference for free.
- Instead of a conventional paper survey at the end of the conference, we are going to try Flipgrid video chats instead. This fun feature comes courtesy of Filpgrid expert, Angela Harris-Schultheis
- Two iWizards have been assigned to photograph and tweet throughout the conference.
You can still register for Tech Talk here: http://www.techtalkmercy.com/
If you can’t attend follow the action on Twitter with this hashtag: #mhtt17