Mercy I.T. Director Tom James and Associate Principal Larry Baker presented at the 2017 MACUL Conference at Cobo Center in Detroit. On Friday, March 17, James and Baker collaborated with Chris McCoy of Birmingham Brother Rice High School in a “participate and share” session called Let’s Share Ideas and Strategies for Creating Dynamic Student Tech Teams. The Mercy iWizards and the International Student Tech Team Hub were featured by the Mercy representatives. On Thursday, March 16, Baker presented Walking the Talk: Best Practices of Digital Administrators
- Setting Up Effective Group Work
- Framing Difficult Feedback for Parents
- Extending the Silence
- Socratic Seminars in World Language Classes
- Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class
- Encoding Literacy in Computer Science
- Aiding Reading Comprehension With Post-Its
- Will Letter Grades Survive?
- Nurturing Intrinsic Motivation in Students
- Creating a Dysgraphia-Friendly Classroom
- Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.