To all Mercy families who have purchased the Mercy iPad package for the 2013-14 school year:
You have purchased AppleCare+ as part of your Mercy iPad package. You may purchase additional third party warranty coverage for your daughter’s Mercy iPad from Safeware Insurance Agency.
Below is an outline of both the AppleCare+ coverage and the Safeware extended coverage.
AppleCare+ (you have already purchased this as part of the Mercy iPad Package)
- Covers your iPad against manufactures defects (screen goes out, battery dies, buttons stop working, etc.) for 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Covers two incidents of accidental damage for 2 years from the date of purchase. Each incident requires a $49 deductible payment.
- 24 hour phone support from Apple.
- Free support at any Apple store.
- AppleCare+ does not cover your iPad if it is lost or stolen.
Safeware Extended warranty
- Covers unlimited incidents of accidental damage for the first one or two years of ownership depending on which option you choose.
- $0 deductible
- Theft coverage
The forms for the extended warranties were given to your daughter when she picked up her iPad. The forms can be downloaded from the links below if you have misplaced them. The first one is for the extended accidental damage protection and theft coverage combined, the other is for theft coverage only. If you wish to purchase either one simply fill out the form and send to the address listed along with your payment. You will then be contacted by Safeware to setup your coverage.
The deadline for enrolling in the extended coverage is 9/15/2013.
If you have any further questions regarding your iPad warranty options please call Mr. Gary Bank at 248-893- 3522.