Our new teachers (and counselor) have attended “Mercy 2.0 Boot Camp” this week. Several veteran staff members are also attending. The “drill sergeant” for these sessions is Alison Kline-Kator, our brilliant religious studies teacher. Alison has a masters degree in instructional technology and is currently pursuing her doctorate in Educational Leadership. Her greatest credential for teaching this course is her inventive approach to teaching and her insatiable curiosity. Here is the program she laid out for the “newbies”
Mercy 2.0 Boot Camp Agenda
Monday – Overview and Setting Up
- 1:1 Teaching and Learning, National Educational Technology Standards
- Overview of hardware, software
- iPad basics
- PowerSchool basics
- Google basics – Gmail, Groups, Calendar
- Moodle overview
Tuesday – How will I create content and materials?
- Brief overview of Keynote, Pages, Google docs
- Moodle – creating assignments, assessments
Wednesday – What tools can I use with my students?