As we shift into a summer mode at Mercy, we are also going to shift our professional development format. In May we presented some “Super Tuesdays” (and Thursdays) — These were after-school workshops dedicated to the introduction of specific iPad apps like Dropbox, Noteshelf, Evernote, andExplain Everything. These sessions were very well attended even though they came at an exceedingly busy time for our teachers. Volunteers presented the workshops and it was unreasonable to expect them to give make-up sessions or post lots of resources.
- Using Find and Replace as a Writing Tool
- A 7th Grade Teacher’s Shift to Flexible Seating
- Easing the Shift From Elementary to Middle School
- Coding Across the Curriculum
- A Troubling Side Effect of Praise
- The Big List of Educational Grants and Resources
- Building a Thinking Classroom in Math
- Building Resilience, Preventing Burnout
- The Power of Admitting What We Don’t Know
- Coaching the Veteran Teacher
- Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.