Time for technology tips! Linked below are the presentations from the New Parent Technology Information Night given by Mr. Gary Bank – IT Support Coordinator, HP Certified Technician and Mr. Larry Baker – Associate Principal / Operations, Apple Distinguished Educator. Topics include: Proper Care of the Tablet (handling, storage, etc.); Tablet Warranty; Basic Software; Common Uses of Tablet in the Classroom; The Role of Social Media in Instruction;Tips for Parents Regarding Internet Safety;Where Mercy hopes to go with technology.
- Setting Up Effective Group Work
- Framing Difficult Feedback for Parents
- Extending the Silence
- Socratic Seminars in World Language Classes
- Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class
- Encoding Literacy in Computer Science
- Aiding Reading Comprehension With Post-Its
- Will Letter Grades Survive?
- Nurturing Intrinsic Motivation in Students
- Creating a Dysgraphia-Friendly Classroom
- Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.